Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
Tuesday, 19 March 2013
- I finished reading my second Matt Ruff novel about twenty minutes ago. The Mirage is about a shadow world in which 9/11 is really 11/9 and the Christian fundamentalists are the ones who attacked the Euphrates and Tigris world trade centers of the united Arabic states. It's an interesting read but could have used more character development.
- I challenged myself to read 100 books in 2013. I've read ten so far. According to goodreads I'm 11 books behind. Note to self: read more. You aren't as busy as you think.
- Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. I'm going to have my teeth cleaned and then a cap put on from the root canal earlier this month. After tomorrow I won't have to go to the dentist Until my next check up...a year from now. :)
- I'm excited for Thursday to arrive. It's my official weigh in day! I've been doing so well with counting my calories lately and actually loosing weight that I reaaallllly want to know how I'm doing with it. I just need to be more consistent with working out and then the ball will really be moving.
Saturday, 09 March 2013
Yesterday was awful.
I had a root canal on Wednesday. I didn't think it was all that bad. I went to work on Thursday and aside from the dull ache that I was used to from my former wisdom teeth, I didn't mind.
Thursday night (technically Friday) I woke up at 12:30-ish feeling like someone had punched me in the face. I popped my pain pills, curled into a ball, and had my heating pad pressed to my face. I finally fell back asleep a few hours later. When my alarm went off, I decided that my face didn't hurt nearly as bad as it had while I was sleeping, so I went to work.
I should have stayed home. I ended up popping way too many pills at work because of how bad my face hurt. The throbbing had moved from my jaw into my ear. Oh how it hurt. Everyone kept telling me that I looked like shit, my skin looked pink-ish purple, and that I should go home. I ended up hiding behind the dish machine a few times and just crying like a baby.
I suppose I could have asked to go home. But I was already there and thought I'd tough it out.
I called in last night for today. When I got home my face kept throbbing to the point of no return, so I just called in. There's no way I could repeat that again. Not and keep my dignity anyway. It's embarrassing to have your coworkers seeing you cry.
My face is throbbing today. I'm drinking chicken broth for breakfast. I can feel the gums on the right side of my mouth. I think they've swollen up over the tooth or something? Idk...that's what it feels like.
Ew. I just want my face to stop hurting. :/
Wednesday, 06 March 2013
For two years I thought I had TMJ. The ears, nose, throat (ENT) specialist I went to even confirmed it. I was so relieved when I found out it wasn't actually a joint disorder but rather my wisdom teeth coming in sideways.
This morning I had a root canal. Naturally, my jaw is sore. My dentist was after all messing around near the bone for around an hour. It hurts pretty badly and the Novocaine has worn off entirely. I haven't reached for the codeine pills he gave me though. One benefit of having lived with excruciating mouth pain for two years (generally a dull ache with 'flair ups' occurring a few times a month) is that this pain doesn't hurt nearly as badly when in comparison. It actually feels like one of the warnings I'd get before a particularly nasty flair up. When my jaw/face would start to ache like this I would know to switch to liquids and pull out the heating pad because if I didn't I'd suffer worse later.
I paced the house at all hours of the night. I practically chugged bottles of ibuprofen and tylenol and really any other pain medicine I could get my hands on during these nasty flair ups. I'd scream and cry and pace and pull on my hair. I'd sob and sob until there were no tears left and all I did was dry heave. I am so thankful that it was my wisdom teeth coming in and not something that I have to deal with for the rest of my life.
So although I'm uncomfortable right now, this is nothing to what it was. I felt the same way when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Just a huge sense of relief that filled me from my head to my toes. Feeling this way gives me a rush of positive energy. I thought the pacing, screaming, and certain liver/kidney failure were going to be my near future/forever.
Sunday, 03 March 2013
- Reservoir Dogs.
1. I started out watching First Knight (who doesn't love Sean Connery && Richard Gere! So.Flipping.Hottt.) But you know, I'm not in the mood for that sort of love story. So I'm watching this instead. And by watching I mean mostly listening as I do other shit.
2. Bridget, Karna, Grandma Carol, Sam, & Tam are all getting them written today. I'm nearly finished with Bridge's letter.
- New Blog.
3. I transformed my blogspot into my new lifestyle change blog. I may write about books and letters there. I'm hoping this will be the positive kick in the ass I need to get motivated.
- Baths && Reading.
4. I'm going to finish reading The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley) today. I'm also going to use the coconut oil on my hair today. I'm excited to see how it works.
5. Laundry, dishes, cat boxes, and picking up my room. If I'm feeling particularly motivated, I might sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Reservoir Dogs.
Saturday, 02 March 2013
I bought some coconut oil at the Whole Foods Co-op today. It's a tad more expensive then I had assumed (I was within $5 of my guess though, so I still purchased it). I'm excited anyways and hope that it actually makes my hair fabulous! I'm trying to grow it out faster for Kel's wedding (14 months away) because she wants fancy up-dos. And besides all of that, I want really healthy/glossy hair. I was reading on pinterest that this works, so I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.
I also purchased a FRESH pineapple which I am beyond excited for! The red death consumes me (these birth control pills are really kicking my uterus into spring cleaning mode). The only thing I ever crave when I'm a crazy PMSing woman is pineapple. It's my favorite. Fresh is best, but canned is yummy too.
So Brennan moves out this week. Which is just as well. He'll be happier living closer to everything and I'll be pleased to have a cleaner house and lower electric bill. Double win.
It can be noted that I spent an hour and a half on the deck reading The Mists of Avalon today. I'm close to finishing it. Had the sun not gone behind the clouds (and thus taken away nature's heater) I'd have stayed out for longer. It felt refreshing though. And like spring. I very much enjoyed reading in the sunshine. As the weather gets warmer, I hope to do this more often.
I drove up to my parent's house yesterday and spent the evening/better part of today with them also. It was relaxing. I chit chatted with them, watched Roseanne, and worked on mail projects for swap-bot. :)
That is all. I'm cleaning my room tonight and possibly the kitchen. It all could use a good go over. Mermaid Blood from @crazy2love is filling my room with delightful freshness. She's having a candle sale right now, so if anyone is interested I'd hop on over to her shop, Savory Scents!